DISTRICT GAMING CLASSIC
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The District Gaming Classic (the “Classic”) is sponsored by Lincoln NBA 2K LLC d/b/a Wizards District Gaming (“WDG”) and administered jointly with Rival Games, LLC (“Rival”) (together, the “Classic Parties”). Classic is only offered in the United States and the District of Columbia (the “Classic Area“). Void outside the Classic Area and where prohibited.
- Classic is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Classic Parties shall be entitled to interpret these official rules (“Official Rules“) as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding registration, deadlines, winner selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all their decisions are final and binding in all Classic-related matters. By participating, you irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Classic Parties and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and or any other Classic-related advertising or materials.
- Classic will consist of two (2) separate tournaments (each, a “Tournament”), one (1) played on PlayStation® (the “PS4 Tournament”) and one (1) played on Xbox One (“Xbox Tournament”). Each Tournament will consist of the following four (4) phases, which are described in greater detail in the sections below:
- Registration: Registration in each Tournament begins on October 22, 2020 and will end when sixty-four (64) Teams (defined below) have properly and completely registered for such Tournament, or on October 30, 2020 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (“ET”), whichever occurs first (each, a “Registration Period”). Each Tournament will involve up to sixty-four (64) teams (each a “Team”), each comprised of five (5) members (“Team Members”). You may only register and participate as a Team Member in one (1) Tournament, i.e., either the PS4 Tournament or the Xbox Tournament, but not both. See “Registration” Section for more registration details.
- Preliminary Rounds: Each Tournament will involve the following initial online rounds (collectively the “Preliminary Rounds”):
- All sixty-four (64) Teams in each Tournament will participate in the initial round-of-sixty-four (64) (“Round-of-64”);
- Thirty-two (32) Teams in each Tournament will progress to the round-of-thirty-two (32) (“Round-of-32”);
- Sixteen (16) Teams in each Tournament will progress to the qualifier round (“Qualifier Round”);
- Eight (8) Teams in each Tournament will progress to the quarter-finals round (“Quarter-Finals Round”); and
- Four (4) Teams in each Tournament will progress to the semi-final round (the “Semi-Finals Round”).
All Preliminary Rounds will be single-elimination format matches (“Matches”) in Best-of-3 (“BO3”) game (“Game”) Match format and completed in one (1) day. See “Rounds Schedule” and “Match Format, Procedures & Other Requirements” Sections below for more Preliminary Rounds details.
- Finals Round: After the Preliminary Rounds, the top two (2) Teams in each Tournament (the “Finalist Teams”) will compete in the online finals round (“Finals Round”), which will be single-elimination, Best-of-5 (“BO5”) Game format.
- The winning Finalist Team in each Tournament will be declared a Winning Team (together, the “Winning Teams”) and each of the five (5) participating Team Members of the Winning Teams will be awarded a Draft Pool Prize (defined below) (i.e., only the Team Members who actually played, not any additional non-playing Alternate Members). See “Finals Round” Section for more Finals Round details.
- Judging: Following the Finals Round, a panel of qualified judges (the “Classic Judges”) consisting of WDG expert staff and players will judge the Team Members on each of the non-winning Teams and select one (1) Team Member to receive a Draft Pool Prize. See “Golden Ticket Winner Selection” Section for more information on the judging process.
- The following table (“Date & Deadline Table”) summarizes the key dates and deadlines that apply to each of the two (2) Tournaments in the Classic:
Date & Deadline Table (per Console)
|Qualifier Round||11/1/20||Teams||16||Quarter-Finalist Teams||8|
|Quarter-Finals Round||11/1/20||Quarter-Finalist Teams||8||Semi-Finalist Teams||4|
|–Verification Deadline (Semi-Finals)||11/3/20|
|–Alternate Semi-Finalist (if any) Deadline||11/6/20|
|Semi-Finals Round||11/7/20||Semi-Finalist Teams||4||Finalist Teams||2|
|–Alternate Finalist (if any) Deadline||11/7/20|
|Finals Round||11/8/20||Finalist Teams||2||Winning Team||1|
|Judging Begins||11/8/20||Non-Winning Team Members||75||Golden Ticket Winner±||1|
|±Per League rules, potential Golden Ticket Winner will not be notified until 12/8/2020|
|–Verification Deadline (Golden Ticket)||Within 12 hours of notification|
|–Verification Deadline (Alternate Golden Ticket) if any||Within 12 hours of notification or 12/10/20 at 5 PM (whichever is earlier)|
|*or when 64 Teams registered, whichever is earlier|
- Rival’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Classic. For Classic information and announcements, visit https://www.nba2kl.rivalgames.com/wizardsdistrictgaming (the “Classic Page”).
- The Classic is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, NBA Entities (below), Sony Interactive Entertainment, Inc. (“Sony Interactive”) or Microsoft Corporation (“Microsoft”) You are providing information to Classic Parties and not to NBA Entities, Sony Interactive or Microsoft.
- The information you provide will only be used for administration of the Classic and as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules. Any questions that you have about this Classic must be directed to Classic Parties. The information you provide will only be used for administration of the Classic and as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules. Any questions that you have about this Classic must be directed to Classic Parties and not to NBA Entities.
- Rival collects the information necessary for the Classic Parties to operate the Classic at the time a Team Member registers his/her Rival Account (defined below) and Gaming Account (below) and information collected from each Team Member will be shared with WDG. Without limiting Classic Parties’ rights under their respective Privacy Policies (below), the Classic Parties may use such information to contact a Team Member for matters and events related to the operation of this Classic.
- Team Members agree that the Classic Parties and their respective agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives or service providers may use Team Members’ personal information submitted with registration for purposes of future marketing by Classic Parties , such as to notify them of a product or promotion that either Classic Party thinks may be of interest. Please refer to Classic Parties’ respective Privacy Policies (below) for information about the choices that may be available to you to opt out of such promotional communications.
- By participating in this Classic, you agree to the terms of the following privacy policies below, which may be updated from time to time:
- To be eligible to participate, each individual Team Member, and each Alternate Team Member (below) if any, must satisfy each of the following eligibility requirements throughout the duration of the Classic:
- He/she must be at least eighteen (18) years old prior to October 1, 2020, and a legal United States resident living in the Classic Area (above); and
- He/she must not have participated in the NBA 2K League as a player at any point during NBA 2K League Season 3;
- He/she must not have been declared NBA 2K League “draft eligible” as a result of any previous tournament and must not be declared NBA 2K League draft eligible as a result of any other tournament during the Classic. For the sake of clarity, once any individual becomes draft eligible as a result of any competition, previous or ongoing, he/she becomes ineligible to participate or continue to participate in the Classic, i.e., even if the Classic is underway. In the event that a Team Member or entire Team is declared “draft-eligible” during any other event of competition at any time during the Classic, the individual Team Member or Team, as applicable, will be immediately disqualified and the procedures set forth in the section entitled “Disqualification Procedures” below will apply; and
- He/she must not be an employee, officer, director, agent or representative of any of the Excluded Entities (below), or a member of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling or in-law) or household member of any such persons. The term “household” includes all persons residing together in a single residence, whether or not related.
- Finally, to be eligible to receive a Draft Pool Prize, you must be able to satisfy all applicable eligibility requirements established by NBA® 2K League, LLC (the “League”) (including without limitation, certain background/social media checks, contract requirements and other conditions). See NBA® 2K League Draft Pool Eligibility Requirements (below).
- For eligibility purposes above, the term “Excluded Entities” refers to the following:
- Washington Bullets LP d/b/a Washington Wizards® (“Wizards”);
- Lincoln Holdings LLC d/b/a Monumental Sports & Entertainment (“MSE”);
- Anacostia Sports LLC (“Anacostia”);
- The League;
- NBA Entities (below);
- Monumental Sports Network LLC (“Monumental Sports Network”);
- Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. d/b/a 2K Sports (“2K”);
- Visual Concepts Entertainment (“Visual Concepts”);
- Any prize provider(s); and
- Any other entity directly involved in the development or administration of the Classic.
- Classic is not open to groups, clubs or organizations. Groups, clubs and organizations are prohibited from reproducing or distributing Classic materials to their members without WDG’s prior express consent.
Prizes & Prize Restrictions
- Draft Pool Prizes (12): The provisional opportunity to be included in the 2021 NBA® 2K League Draft Pool (the “Draft Pool”), subject to League approval and requirements. Inclusion in Draft Pool does not guarantee that you will be selected during the 2021 NBA® 2K League Draft, accepted by the League or offered a contract, and has no retail or cash value. See below for important Draft Pool Prize restrictions. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $0.
- The likelihood of winning any prize will be depend on the skill of each Team Member and Team.
- Note: As noted below, the winning Team of every Game must capture and preserve a screenshot of the final scoreboard (“Result Screenshots”). All Result Screenshots for the final Winning Teams will be submitted to the League after the Classic concludes, for potential uses in connection with the 2021 NBA® 2K League Draft.
- The opportunity to be included in the Draft Pool is subject to approval of the League, which may be granted or withheld by the League in its sole discretion. Such opportunity is further subject to individual’s satisfaction of all applicable eligibility requirements established by the League. (See NBA 2K League Draft Pool Eligibility Requirements below). All decisions relating to Draft Pool eligibility are made by the League, in its sole and absolute discretion, and are final and binding in all respects. Inclusion in Draft Pool does not guarantee that you will be selected during the 2021 NBA® 2K League Draft, accepted by the League or offered a contract.
- Draft Pool Prizes have no cash value and are subject to the sole discretion of the NBA 2K League. If any Draft Pool Prize is unavailable or cannot be or is not fulfilled for any reason, winner will not be entitled to any substitution, remuneration or alternate prize element.
- NBA®2K League Draft Pool Eligibility Requirements: As noted above, to be eligible for the NBA 2K League Draft Pool, each potential Draft Pool Prize winner must satisfy all applicable eligibility requirements established by the League, including but not limited to:
- Satisfactory completion of background and social media checks,
- Execution of standard player contract with the League,
- Compliance with any combine participation requirements, etc.
- Each potential Draft Pool Prize winner acknowledges that the Draft Pool Prize is contingent upon his or her compliance with, or satisfaction of, all NBA 2K League Draft Pool Eligibility Requirements, as determined by the League in its sole discretion, and that the League’s decisions are final and binding in all respects.
- All prize details shall be at WDG’s sole discretion. Each prize consists only of those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Each winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), surcharges, and fees.
- The right to receive any prize is not transferrable. Any prize or portion thereof not accepted by any winner is forfeited and no cash or substitute will be offered or permitted, unless required by law. Prizes may not be substituted except that WDG in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
- Prizes offered are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Classic Parties. Classic Parties have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Other restrictions apply.
- Registration begins on October 22, 2020 at 3:00 PM ET and ends when sixty-four (64) Teams have completely and properly registered, or on October 30, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET, whichever occurs first. Registration for either Tournament requires satisfaction of certain conditions.
PS4 Tournament Requirements
- Prior to registering for the PS4 Tournament, you must have:
- A PlayStation® Network ID (your ID or user name for the PlayStation Network account) (“PS4 ID”);
- A PlayStation®Plus account (“PSP Account”);
- Access to a PlayStation®4 system (the “PS4 Console”); and
- A copy or license of the NBA 2K21 (“NBA® 2K21”) for your PS4 Console.
There are costs associated with the PSP Account. For more information, visit https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-plus.
Xbox Tournament Requirements
- Prior to registration for the Xbox Tournament, you must have:
- An Xbox Live Gold ID (your ID or user name for the Xbox Live Gold account) (“Xbox LG ID”);
- An Xbox Live Gold account (“Xbox LG Account”);
- Access to an Xbox One system (“Xbox One Console”); and
- NBA® 2K21 copy or license for your Console.
There are costs associated with Xbox LG Account. For more information, visit https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/gold?xr=shellnav.
- PS4 IDs and Xbox LG IDs are collectively referred to as “Gaming Account ID” PSP Accounts and Xbox LG Accounts are collectively referred as “Gaming Accounts. and PS4 Consoles and Xbox One Consoles are collectively referred “Consoles.”
- To participate in either Tournament, you must have a Rival account (“Rival Account”), a Twitch.tv account (“Twitch Account”), and access to the Internet.
- There is no cost to setting up a Twitch Account. Visit https://twitch.tv. Participation is subject to Twitch’s terms of service (https://www.twitch.tv/p/legal/terms-of-service/) and Privacy Notice (https://www.twitch.tv/p/legal/privacy-notice/).
- Your Rival Account must remain in good standing during the entire Classic to remain eligible. Classic Parties reserve the right at any time during the Classic to disqualify any Team or Team Member from further participation or eligibility for prizes, if Classic Parties determine, in their sole and absolute discretion, that such Team or Team Member’s Rival account has been suspended or is subject to suspension based on Team or Team Member’s violation of applicable Rival Terms, including (a) providing false information or bypassing any age gate or similar restrictions to create a Rival Account, (b) harassing other Rival players and/or Rival employees; engaging in suspected or confirmed fraud or unfair gameplay. You agree and acknowledge that such disqualification may be declared at any time during the Classic, even if you have proceeded through one (1) or more Matches or Preliminary Rounds.
- In addition, Classic Parties reserve the right in their absolute discretion to refuse registration or participation by any Team or Team Member whom it reasonably believes is currently engaging or has previously engaged in abusive, hateful, racist, threatening, bullying, harassing, unsportsmanlike, offensive or other inappropriate conduct or speech targeting or directed at other players, participants or Classic Party staff, which conduct Classic Parties reasonably believes in their sole and absolute discretion would negatively impact the proper and fair operation/administration of the Classic or reflect negatively on goodwill or reputation of the Classic or any of the Released Parties (below).
Team Member Registration
- To register, visit the Classic Page at https://www.nba2kl.rivalgames.com/wizardsdistrictgaming and follow the steps to complete an official individual registration form with all required information, which may include name, gamer tag (“Gamer Tag”), avatar (“Avatar”), e-mail address, telephone number, mailing address, and age or date of birth.
- To comply with League requirements, Team Members must the same Gamer Tag for any tournament or competition in which draft eligibility is a potential prize.
- To register a Team, a Team representative (the “Team Manager”) must follow these steps:
- The Team Manager must visit the Classic Page and then navigate to the “Create a Team” page. He or she must then follow the instructions to search players by e-mail and/or Gamer Tag and add up to four (4) Team Members to his or her Team. The Team Manager optionally can add up to two (2) alternate Team Members (“Alternate Team Members”) to his/her roster for a maximum Team roster of seven (7) members.
- Next, the Team Manager must navigate to the Classic Page, locate the relevant Tournament and select “Join Tournament.” Then he or she must select “Join with a Team” and “Select Existing Team.” The Team Manager can then select the desired Team Members from the Team Member Selection Panel.
This is the only method of registration. Registrations will not be accepted via U.S. mail, e-mail, or any other method.
- All registrations must be completed in their entirety no later than the completed registration of sixty-four (64) Teams in the relevant Tournament, or October 30, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET, whichever occurs first. Proof of sending is not proof of completion. Classic Parties will not accept screen shots as proof of registration.
- You must use the same Rival Account, Gaming Account and Gamer Tag for the entire Classic. You may participate in only one (1) Tournament, i.e., either the Xbox Tournament or the PS4 Tournament, but not both. Additional registrations received from any such person thereafter will be subject to disqualification. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, mechanical, script, macro, or any other automated means or similar registration methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest-entry services or multiple or different e-mail addresses, Gaming Accounts or Gaming Account IDs, or the submission of false contact information under multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, accounts or logins) or any other devices or artifices to register or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false registrations are prohibited and suspected or detected registration method violations may void some or all registrations submitted by that person, in Rival’s sole discretion. No group submissions will be accepted.
- Registrations must be associated with a valid Rival Account, Gaming Account and Gaming Account ID, and must include a valid e-mail address and telephone number for the Team Member. Classic Parties are not responsible for voice or electronic communications that are undeliverable because of any form of call blocking of any kind or inability to leave a voice message, or any form of passive, or as to e-mail, active filtering of any kind.
- In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a Team Member based on a Rival Account or Gaming Account, the registration will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the relevant Rival Account or Gaming Account, as applicable, used for registration. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the Rival Account by Rival or to the Gaming Account by Microsoft or Sony Interactive, as applicable. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any Team Member, such Team Member agrees to furnish requested documentation confirming his/her status as the Authorized Account Holder.
- Any additional requested registration fields are required for the Classic. Teams or Team Members who fail to complete all registration fields may be disqualified at the discretion of Classic Parties without further notification. Classic Parties are not responsible for registrations that are lost, misdirected, undelivered, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such registrations are void. Classic Parties reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any registration at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Registrations become the property of Classic Parties and will not be returned or acknowledged.
- Your Gamer Tag and/or Avatar must comply with the terms and conditions at the Classic Page (the “Website Terms”) as well as the “Content Requirements” below.
- Gamer Tags and Avatars must not include any content, language or images that would make the Gamer Tags or Avatars inappropriate for publication or broadcast to a general audience as determined by Classic Parties in their absolute and sole discretion.
- Without limiting the foregoing, Gamer Tags or Avatars that include foul language, nudity or other states of undress, graphic or excessively violent content, lewd, pornographic, obscene, indecent, hateful, tortious, illegal, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, false, or disparaging content, or that content invades any person’s privacy or other rights, or that promotes or advocates drug use, bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual, or that promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that appears to violate any third party intellectual property rights, as determined by Classic Parties in their absolute and sole discretion, may be subject to mandatory replacement or disqualification.
- Gamer Tags and Avatars must not depict or include any identifiable individuals, brand names, trademarks, logos or trade names.
Team Member’s License & Warranty
- By submitting a registration with a Gamer Tag and/or Avatar, you expressly grant to Classic Parties (and to those acting on their behalf) a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide royalty-free license (and waive all moral rights in and to the registration, Gamer Tag and/or Avatar) to display, reproduce, distribute, publish, perform, edit, otherwise use the registration, Gamer Tag and/or Avatar for advertising and promotional purposes, including the display of the registration, Gamer Tag and/or Avatar on their respective website(s), Facebook and/or Twitter pages, Instagram and/or Pinterest channels and/or any other social media platforms in connection with this Classic. For clarity, Classic Parties have the right (but not the obligation) to publish any registration, Gamer Tag and/or Avatar on their respective website(s) and/or social media channels and as they otherwise so choose.
- By submitting a registration with a Gamer Tag and/or Avatar, you warrant that (a) you are legally entitled to submit the registration, Gamer Tag and/or Avatar in the Classic, (b) the registration, Gamer Tag and/or Avatar do not infringe any third party rights, and (c) the registration, Gamer Tag and/or Avatar comply in all respects with the Official Rules and Website Terms and you agree to indemnify and hold Released Parties (defined below) harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, liabilities and causes of action of whatsoever nature that are based upon or arise out of any breach by you of these Official Rules or the warranties and/or representations made by you pursuant to these Official Rules.
- Classic Parties may reject or disqualify any registration (or require replacement of any associated Gamer Tag and/or Avatar in their sole discretion) if they determine that such registration and/or any associated Gamer Tag and/or Avatar has violated the Official Rules (including the Content Restrictions), or is otherwise unsuitable, offensive, or in poor taste, at any time. You agree that Classic Parties have the sole discretion to decide whether any registration, Gamer Tag and/or Avatar satisfy these Official Rules and that their decisions are final. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, CLASSIC PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REJECT OR REQUIRE REMOVAL OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY Gamer Tag AND/OR Avatar AND/OR DISQUALIFY THE RELATED registration THEY DEEM, IN THEIR SOLE, SUBJECTIVE DETERMINATION, TO BE INAPPROPRIATE WITHOUT ANY OBLIGATION TO ENGAGE IN ANY COMMUNICATION, COMMENT OR DISCUSSION ABOUT ANY SUCH Gamer Tag/Avatar OR registration and/OR ANY DECISION TO REMOVE SUCH Gamer Tag/Avatar AND DISQUALIFY ITS CORRESPONDING registration. ALL DECISIONS OF CLASSIC PARTIES ARE FINAL.
Rounds and Judging Schedule
October 31, 2020 Rounds (Round-of-64 & Round-of-32)
- Round-of-64: The Round-of-64 will be held on October 31, 2020 starting at 1:00 PM ET. Thirty-two (32) Teams in each Tournament will progress to the Round-of-32;
- Round-of-32: The Round-of-32 will be held on October 31, 2020 immediately following the conclusion of the Round-of-64. Each of the participating Teams in the Round-of-32 must check in and be ready commence Match play within fifteen (15) minutes of the conclusion of their Round-of-64 or they will forfeit the round and their opponent in the Round-of-64 will advance in their stead. The Round-of-32 will conclude no later than 11:59 PM ET on October 31, 2020. Sixteen (16) Teams in each Tournament will progress to the Qualifier Round;
November 1, 2020 Rounds (Qualifier & Quarter-finals)
- Qualifier Round: The Qualifier Round will be held on November 1, 2020 starting at 1:00 PM ET. Eight (8) Teams in each Tournament will progress to the Quarter-Finals Round;
- Quarter-Finals Round: The Quarter-Finals Round will be held on November immediately following the conclusion of the Qualifier Round. Each of the Quarterfinal Teams must check in and be ready commence Match play within fifteen (15) minutes of the conclusion of their Qualifier Round they will forfeit the round and their opponent in the Qualifier Round will advance in their stead.
November 7, 2020 Round (Semi-finals)
- Subject to verification of eligibility, as set forth in the section “Semi-Finalist Team Verification” below, four (4) Teams in each Tournament will progress to the Semi-Finals Round.
- The Semi-Finals Round will be held on November 7, 2020 starting at 1:00 PM ET and concluding no later than 11:59 PM ET on the same day. Two (2) Teams in each Tournament will progress to the Finals Round.
November 8, 2020 Round (Finals)
- The Finals Round in both Tournaments will be held on November 8, 2020. Subject to verification of ongoing eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the Finalist Team that wins the Finals Round in each Tournament will be declared a Winning Team.
- Golden Ticket Winners Selection: Following the conclusion of the Finals Round in each Tournament, the Classic Judges will judge all Team Members of the non-winning Teams in the Classic based on the following judging criteria: NBA®2K skills, teamwork, communication skills and professionalism.
- Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules (and the requirements set out above by the League, see NBA®2K League Draft Pool Eligibility Requirements above), the Team Member in each Tournament (for a total of two (2) Team Members) who receives the highest scores by the Classic Judges will also be declared potential Draft Pool Prize winners (so-called “Golden Ticket Winners.”). In accordance with League rules, the potential Golden Ticket Winners will not be notified before December 8, 2020.
Semi-Finalist Team Verification
- At the conclusion of the Quarter-Finals Round, each Team Member of the potential Semi-Finalist Teams may be notified of requirements to present valid photo identification, signed affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability waiver, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents (“Verification Paperwork”).
- Potential Semi-Finalist Team Members will be required to provide Verification Paperwork to Classic Parties within twenty-four (24) hours of notification and as a condition of ongoing participation and eligibility for any prize. Classic Parties in their sole discretion may allow for transmission of verification documents via fax or e-mail.
Golden Ticket Winner Verification
- The potential Golden Ticket Winners, if not members of a Semi-Finalist Team, will be notified of Verification Paperwork requirements above and required to provide such Verification Paperwork to Classic Parties within twelve (12) hours of notification as a condition of ongoing participation and eligibility for any prize. Classic Parties in their sole discretion may allow for transmission of verification documents via fax or e-mail.
- The following procedures shall apply in the event of disqualification of a Team or Team Member:
Non-Finalist/Semi-Finalist Team Members
- If any Team Member fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, declines to participate further, or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, prior to the conclusion of the Quarter-Finals Round in the relevant Tournament, Rival in its discretion may disqualify that Team Member and, if time permits, select an Alternate Team Member as soon as reasonably practicable and as follows:
- If the Team Manager designated one or more Alternate Team Members at the time of registration, one of them will be declared the potential Alternate Team Member;
- If the Team Manager did not designate any Alternate Team Members at the time of registration, or no such persons are eligible for any reason, Rival in its sole discretion may either disqualify the relevant Team in its entirety or select an Alternate Team Member from last Team played by the affected Team.
- Alternate Team Members are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules.
Semi-Finalist Team or Team Member
- If any potential Semi-Finalist Team Member fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, declines to participate further, or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, Rival in its discretion may disqualify that potential Semi-Finalist Team Member and, if time permits, select an Alternate Semi-Finalist Team Member as soon as reasonably practicable and as follows:
- If the Semi-Finalist Team Manager designated one or more Alternate Team Members at the time of registration, one of them will be declared the Alternate Semi-Finalist Team Member;
- If the Semi-Finalist Team Manager did not designate any Alternate Team Members at the time of registration, or no such persons are eligible for any reason, Rival (alone or, at its sole option, in consultation with that Team Manager) shall select an Alternate Semi-Finalist Team Member from the Team Members of the last Team played by the affected Semi-Finalist Team.
- Alternate Semi-Finalist Team Members are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules and must respond to initial notification and provide required Verification Paperwork no later than the deadline above or November 6, 2020 at 5:00 PM ET, whichever is earlier. Verified Alternate Semi-Finalist Team Members will be permitted to participate in the Semi-Finals Round but will not be eligible to win any prize.
- If time permits, Rival will make up to three (3) attempts to verify an Alternate Semi-Finalist Team Member. If Rival cannot verify an Alternate Semi-Finalist Team Member after three (3) attempts or there is not enough time remaining prior to the Semi-Finals Round to verify such Alternate Semi-Finalist, no further attempts will be made for that Semi-Finalist Slot and the remaining Semi-Finalist Team will be declared the Finalist Team by default.
- Alternate Semi-Finalist Team: If any potential Semi-Finalist Team fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, declines to participate further, or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, Rival in its discretion may disqualify that potential Semi-Finalist Team and if time permits, designate the last Team played by the disqualified Semi-Finalist Team as the Alternate Semi-Finalist Team.
- Alternate Semi-Finalist Teams are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules and must provide required Verification Paperwork no later than the deadlines above or November 6, 2020 at 5:00 PM ET, whichever is earlier. The verified Alternate Semi-Finalist Team will be eligible to win the prizes.
- If time permits, Rival will make up to three (3) attempts to verify an Alternate Semi-Finalist Team. If Rival cannot verify an Alternate Semi-Finalist Team after three (3) alternate attempts or there is not enough time remaining prior to the Semi-Finals Round to verify such Semi-Finalist Team, no further attempts may be made, and the remaining Semi-Finalist Team may be declared the Finalist Team by default.
Finalist Team or Team Member
- If any potential Finalist Team Member fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, declines to participate further, or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, Rival in its discretion may disqualify that potential Finalist Team Member and, if time permits, select an Alternate Finalist Team Member as soon as reasonably practicable using the same procedure as for selecting an Alternate Semi-Finalist Member.
- Alternate Finalist Team Members will be permitted to participate in the Finals Round but will not be eligible to win any prize. Alternate Finalist Team Members are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules and if they have not done so previously, provide required Verification Papers no later than November 7, 2020 at 5:00 PM ET.
- If time permits, Rival will make up to one (1) attempt to verify an Alternate Finalist Team Member. If Rival cannot verify an Alternate Finalist Team Member after one (1) attempt or there is not enough time remaining prior to Finals Round to verify such an Alternate Finalist, no further attempts may be made for that Finalist Slot and the remaining Finalist Team may be declared the Winning Team by default.
- Alternate Finalist Team: If any potential Finalist Team fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, declines to participate further, or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, Rival in its discretion may disqualify that potential Finalist Team and if time permits, the last Team played by the disqualified Finalist Team shall be designated the Alternate Finalist Team.
- The Alternate Finalist Team will be eligible to win the prizes and is subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules. If time permits, Rival will make up to one (1) attempt to verify an Alternate Finalist Team. If Rival cannot verify an Alternate Finalist Team after one (1) attempt or there is not enough time remaining prior to the Finals Round to verify an Alternate Finalist Team, no further attempts may be made, and the remaining Finalist Team may be declared the Winning Team by default.
Golden Ticket Prize Winner
- If any potential Golden Ticket Prize Winner fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, declines to participate further, or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, Rival in its discretion may disqualify that potential Golden Ticket Prize Winner and the Team Member who received the next highest score from the Classic Judges will be declared the Alternate Golden Ticket Prize Winner.
- Any potential Alternate Golden Ticket Prize Winner will be subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules and, if he or she has not done so previously, must provide required Verification Papers within twelve (12) hours or no later than December 10, 2020 at 5:00 PM ET, whichever is earlier.
- If time permits, Rival will make up to one (1) attempt to verify an Alternate Golden Ticket Prize Winner. If Rival cannot verify an Alternate Golden Ticket Prize Winner after one (1) attempt or there is not enough time remaining to verify such Alternate Golden Ticket Prize Winner, no further attempts may be made for that prize and that prize will not be awarded.
Match Format, Procedures & Other Requirements
- The following general conditions will apply to Match play unless otherwise specifically described on the Classic Page.
Brackets & Format
- The initial brackets for the Preliminary Rounds will be seeded on a random basis determined by Rival. All Matches during the Preliminary Rounds will be played in single-elimination, BO3 Game Match play during the Finals Round will be single-elimination, BO5 Games format.
- Only Matches played through a Preliminary Round will count towards a Team’s qualification for the Finals Round. Matches that are not played through a Preliminary Round will not count towards a Team’s qualification.
- A notice will be posted on the Classic Page with the list of initial Matches. Team Members must check in and confirm their participation in accordance with all deadlines posted by Rival on the Classic Page for each Match.
- Team Members are solely responsible for checking the Classic Page to determine the start time for each Match and the corresponding check-in deadline. Failure of any Team or Team Member to timely check in and confirm participation in a scheduled Match may result in that Team’s forfeiture of the relevant Match.
Equipment, Game Procedures & Settings
- PS4 Consoles will be used exclusively during the PS4 Tournament, and all PS4 Tournament Matches must be played on PS4 Consoles. Xbox Consoles will be used exclusively during the Xbox Tournament, and all Xbox Tournament Matches must be played on Xbox Consoles.
- Each Team is responsible for ensuring that every Game in which Team participates during the Classic is streamed via Twitch by at least one (1) Team Member.
- Game procedures and settings for all Matches in all Rounds will be determined by Rival and published on the Classic Page.
- Match communication with opponents will occur on the Rival match page (the “Rival Match Page”) for each respective Match. Tournament support will occur on the official tournament Discord support server. Please post tournament questions in the designated support channels in the Discord support server. Official Discord links can be found on the Tournaments’ Contact pages.
- Score Reporting will occur on the Rival platform. The winning Team should report the score of the Match immediately after it has been played.
- The winning Teams in all Games and Matches must capture screenshots of all end game screens. Submission of these screenshots will be required by the League for the Winning Team Members in connection with the Draft Pool Prizes.
- Visit the Classic Page or the Rival Match Page for additional information on the administration of Match play.
Behavior, Monitoring & Disputes
- Team Members are prohibited from using racist, sexist, hate-speech, or otherwise inappropriate language or behavior at any time during Match
- All Match play is subject to monitoring by Rival. Any disputes, glitches or complaints during any Match will be referred to and resolved by Rival. Classic Parties reserve the right in their joint discretion to determine whether reported or observed incidents violate the rules and the appropriate consequences. If Rival determines that a Team or Team Member has engaged in unsportsmanlike behavior or any form of cheating, Classic Parties in their right discretion may impose penalties on the relevant Team Members and/or Team ranging from forfeit of a Game to disqualification from the Classic.
- Additional information relating to reporting and resolution of complaints will be posted at the Classic Page.
- The Classic Parties may, in their sole discretion, post any or all names of the Team Members of the verified Semi-Finalist Teams, Finalist Teams and/or Winning Teams on the Classic Page and/or any of Classic Parties’ respective websites, including https://wizardsdg.nba.com and https://www.rivalgames.com, and on or in any of WDG’s and Rival’s respective social media pages or channels and broadcast them on any of WDG’s stations.
- By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to award WDG and Rival the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of his or her photograph on WDG’s and Rival’s respective websites), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning and/or participation for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
Limitation of Liability & Disclaimer of Warranties
- By playing, accepting a prize or otherwise participating in the Classic, you agree that WDG, Rival, the Wizards, MSE, Anacostia, the League, the NBA Family (defined below), the NBA Entities (defined below), Monumental Sports Network, 2K, Visual Concepts, Microsoft, Sony Interactive, Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook“), Twitter, any other company involved in the development or administration of this Classic, and a range of subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including but not limited to: failed, incomplete, misdirected, corrupted, garbled or delayed transmissions, telephone connections, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website; or disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic; or registrations that for any reason are not properly submitted or received by Classic Parties by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Team Members or other participants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Classic or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Classic, or in the selection or announcement of the Winning Teams; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in the Classic or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Classic; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any registration materials (including any Avatars or Gamer Tags); (f) are not responsible for the inability to select Winning Teams or and Golden Ticket Winners because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Classic, the acceptance of registrations, the selection of Winning Teams, the Golden Ticket Winners, the prizes or otherwise in any Classic-related materials.
- The term “NBA Family” means the National Basketball Association (“NBA”), the Women’s National Basketball Association (“WNBA”), the NBA Gatorade League (“G-League”), the NBA 2K League, their respective teams, and each of their respective affiliates.
- The term “NBA Entities” means the NBA, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC, NBA Development League Holdings, LLC (f/k/a NBDL Holdings, LLC), WNBA Holdings, LLC (f/k/a NBA Development, LLC), WNBA, LLC, WNBA Operations, LLC, WNBA Enterprises, LLC, Planet Insurance Ltd., any successor or affiliate of any of the foregoing entities and any other entity in which a majority of the members directly or indirectly hold equity interests.
- RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO any prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE Classic OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF any prize OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE Classic OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE Classic.
- By playing, accepting a prize or otherwise participating in the Classic, you agree to release and hold Released Parties harmless from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation or inability to participate, in the Classic or any Classic-related or prize-related activity; (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of registration materials during or after the Classic (including any Avatars or Gamer Tags); (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of any prize; and (d) any other claim or cause of action you may have against any Released Party. If, for any reason, any individual’s registration is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, that individual’s sole remedy is another registration, if it is possible.
- BY playing, accepting a prize or otherwise participating in THE Classic, you FURTHER AGREE THAT (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE Classic, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE Classic, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND you HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
- SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE ABILITY TO PURSUE CLASS ACTION REMEDIES, OR ON CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- WDG reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Classic, or any part thereof, if WDG determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Classic has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, regularly-scheduled maintenance, malfunction, or any other cause beyond WDG’s control. In such an event, Classic Parties will post notice of same at the Classic Page and select the Winning Teams and Golden Ticket Winners from all non-suspect registrations received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Classic in accordance with the above-described selection procedures or in such other manner as WDG, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
- WDG reserves the right to disqualify any individual or Team from further participation in the Classic if WDG concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person or Team (a) has attempted to tamper with the registration process or other any operation of the Classic, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards Classic Parties, Classic Judges, any other Teams, Team Members or other participant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to register more than the number of times permitted herein, including by using any prohibited device or method. Any failure by WDG to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Classic MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND CLASSIC PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- All activity arising out of and relating to the Classic, including any reference to the status of any Team as a “Winning Team” or Team Member as a “Golden Ticket Winner” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If Classic Parties determine, in their sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of a registration, Team and/or Team Member with the Official Rules, Classic Parties reserve the right to disqualify such registration, Team or Team Member from the Classic and any prize at any time. WDG reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all potential winners and to disqualify any individual based on such background check if WDG determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on WDG. Each participant agrees to cooperate with WDG and its representatives in connection with all verification, auditing and/or background check activities.
- Classic Parties reserve the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Classic-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, WDG reserves the right to select only the stated number of prizes from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims in accordance with the previously described selection method or as it deems fair under the circumstances.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Classic Parties, Classic Judges, Team Members or other participants or Released Parties in connection with the Classic, shall be governed by Virginia law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Virginia.
- Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, by playing, accepting a prize or otherwise participating in the Classic, you expressly agree that (a) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Classic, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and held at the AAA regional office nearest to you; (b) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (c) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
- By playing, accepting a prize or otherwise participating in the Classic, you expressly (a) agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Classic or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Virginia, and (b) consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Classic-related materials, including but not limited to the Classic registration forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Classic is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the NBA Family, NBA Entities or Facebook, or any of their respective parents, governors, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, shareholders and agents and each of them is completely released of all liability by each participant in the Classic. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Classic must be directed to the Classic Parties and not to the NBA Entities, NBA Family or Facebook.
- Washington Wizards and Wizards District Gaming are trademarks of Washington Bullets, L.P. Rival Games is a trademark of Rival Games, LLC. Xbox, Xbox Live and Xbox One are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. PS, PS4, and PlayStation are registered trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. 2K and 2K Sports are registered trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. NBA is a registered trademark of NBA Properties, Inc. All NBA logos and marks and NBA team logos and marks are the property of the NBA and its teams.
- Any other third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners and the use or mention of any such third-party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Classic is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the
Winners’ List/Official Rules
- For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winners’ List, visit the Classic Page or https://wizardsdg.nba.com/ or mail a SASE to: District Gaming Classic c/o Wizards District Gaming, 601 F Street NW, Washington DC 20004, specifying either “Winners’ List” or “Official Rules.” Final Winners’ List will be available after December 8, 2020.
- Sponsor: Lincoln NBA 2K LLC d/b/a Wizards District Gaming. Administrator: Rival Games, LLC.